The Lagos Comic Convention is an annual carnival style event that brings together the creative industry comprising of Comics, Animation, Gaming, Films and VR. There are also seminars and panel sessions on relevant topics from topical issues in comic making to fund raising opportunities for creative entrepreneurs. The event in 2016 had over 3000 attendees and about 6000 people are expected in 2017. Venue for 2017 event is NECA House, Alausa,Ikeja, Lagos and hold on 15-16 September.
There is a gaming hall where so many gaming competitions are happening and exhibitions of latest games happen.
Other exciting zones of Lagos Comic Con are:
• Exhibition hall for comics, and other creative products. Other businesses also exhibit their products and services.
• An active main stage where musical performances, drama performances, and so many other activities occur.
• There is the KidZone for children where there are creative workshops, films and games.
• Red Carpet for interviews and photographs.
• Costume Competitions. The Cosplay for 2017 offers a wining prize of 150,000 naira for the first prize.
• Film Festival. Point of View is the official film festival of the Comic Con and here dozens of films are screened especially in the action, horror, sci-fi, fantasy genre. A gala night hold at the end of the event where awards on viewers’ choice is given.
• VR. In Comic Con, there is virtual reality Zone where attendees come in to enjoy a fantastic VR experience.
• FIST Awards ceremony. The FIST Awards is an award for the best in the comic arts and it holds in Comic Con.
• Cocktail. Partners, sponsors, exhibitors, ticket holders etc gather for a cocktail session at the end of the day. This provides an avenue for networking and collaboration.
- Live Streaming
- Upload Your Event
- How It Works